Peanut-Crusted Fish Fillets w Fried BananasFrom whitneyjoy 6 years ago
- 4 unripe bananas shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) skinless flounder or orange roughy fillets shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups finely chopped unsalted peanuts shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- lime wedges, as an accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the bananas and cut them lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In a large ovenproof skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and the oil over moderately high heat until the foam subsides, saute the banana slices for 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden, and transfer them with a spatula to a plate.
- Pat the fish dry and sprinkle it with the cumin and salt and pepper, to taste. Have ready in 1 shallow dish the egg beaten with the salt, in another shallow dish, the peanuts. Dip each fillet in the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off, and dredge it in the peanuts.
- To the skillet add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, heat it over moderately high heat until the foam subsides, and in it saute the fillets for 3 minutes.
- Turn the fillets, top them with the banana slices, and saute them for 2 minutes more.
- Drizzle the fish with the lime juice, transfer the skillet to the middle of a preheated 450 degree oven, and bake the fish for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the fillets with a spatula to 4 heated plates and serve them with the lime wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- whitneyjoy Highland, UT
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwhitneyjoy Highland, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!