Italian Stuffed and Braised ChickenFrom bdorfman 8 years ago
- 6 ounces boneless veal shopping list
- 1 chicken liver, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound finely chopped swiss chard or spinach shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 four pound roasting chicken shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together veal, liver, chard or spinach, egg and cheese.
- Salt the inside of the chicken and stuff with above mixture
- Truss or sew up the the chicken
- Rub chicken with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy pan that can go on stove top and in oven
- Brown the chicken on all sides being careful not to tear the skin
- Add juice from half of lemon and white wine
- Place pan in oven at 375 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours until the juices run clear.
- Remove from oven, cover in foil and allow bird to rest for 15 minutes. This will cause the meat to retain the juices.
- Carve and serve on a platter with stuffing in center and lemon slices as a garnish.
The Cookbdorfman Seattle
- Not added to any groups yet!