All American Baby Back RibsFrom cookskitchencuisine 8 years ago
- 3 tsp chili powder, divided shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided shopping list
- 1 1/8 tsp black pepper, divided shopping list
- 6 lbs pork baby back ribs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups ketchup shopping list
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp molasses shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 1/4 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- ***You can double this recipe for the sauce and store the extra in shopping list
- the frig for up to one month to brush on chicken or pork the mext shopping list
- time you grill shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat..
- Combine 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper.
- Rub over both sides of the ribs.
- Place the ribs over indirect-heat area of the grill.
- Cook, turning every 30 minutes. adding more coals as necessary to maintain 350 F temperature, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, combine the ketchup, molasses, Worcestershire, sugar, mustard, and remaining chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 5-8 minutes.
- After 1 1/2 hours, brush both sides of the ribs with 1 cup ketchup mixture.
- Continue cooking until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining sauce