Mutton CutletFrom jakartainflames 7 years ago
- 1 lb ground lamb / goat shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 2 potatoes cut up shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1 /2 bunch coriander/cilantro leaves chopped shopping list
- 2 green chilies - remove seeds and mince shopping list
- salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 egg beaten (OR) 2 tsp maida mixed with water shopping list
- 2 cups bread crumbs on a flat plate shopping list
- oil to deep fry. shopping list
How to make it
- Pressure cook the mutton with a little oil, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- When fully cooked make sure that the meat is DRY. If not heat till all the liquid evaporates.
- In a large pan ,heat a tbsp of oil.
- Add the chopped onions, coriander, chilies and potatoes.
- Season liberally with enough salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for about 2o mins till the vegetables are well cooked.
- Remove from heat. Make sure that all the water has evaporated.(the mix should be dry)
- Mash all the vegetables.
- Add in the cooked meat and mix well till the mixture is FIRM.
- Take mixture and make small balls and flatten them in your palms to make a circle.
- Dip the circles in the egg or maida mixture.
- Then coat it evenly with the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil and deep fry or bake until crisp and evenly browned.
- Yummy cutlets are ready to be enjoyed!
- 1. You can boil potatoes separately and then add them to the mix .The results are the same.
- 2. f you want to avoid deep frying – spray some cooking oil and BAKE cutlets at 400 F for 30 mins turning once halfway through cooking.
- 3. Rub some oil or wet palms while making the shape to avoid the mixture form sticking to your hands.
- 4. This is a perfect patty for a burger!
The Cookjakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- Not added to any groups yet!