shrimp bisqueFrom hiddenpoet 7 years ago
- 4 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 onion roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain) shopping list
- 1 can chicken stock shopping list
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- melt the butter in a large saucepan / pot on med / high heat.
- add the onion and stir occasionally.
- after about three minutes add the garlic and stir.
- after one minute add the chicken stock, can of tomatoes in thier juice then reduce the heat to medium.
- after five minutes, add the chopped shrimp, cayenne pepper and the cup of cooked rice.
- in five minutes more remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- puree in batches and strain back into the saucepan / pot with a sieve. after all has been strained turn heat back onto medium.
- slowly whisk in the heavy cream and the cream cheese pieces. add the salt, stir occasionally until hot and serve.
The Cookhiddenpoet Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!