WALNUT FUDGE PIEFrom questfinder 9 years ago
- 8oz (225g) walnut pieces shopping list
- shortcrust pastry for double crust pie shopping list
- 2oz (60g) plain chocolate, broken into pieces shopping list
- 7oz (200g) caster sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons bottled chocolate syrup shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- vanilla ice cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180c (350f) gas 4. Place walnuts on a baking tray; toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown, shaking the tray occasionally. Set aside to cool. Do not turn oven off. Meanwhile, prepare pastry dough. Divide into 2 pieces, 1 slightly larger than the other. On a lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll out larger piece of dough into a round about 1½ inches (4cm) larger than upside-down shallow 8-9 inch (20-23cm) pie dish. Ease the dough into the pie dish to line evenly; trim dough edge, leaving ½ inch (1cm) overlapping. Fold overhang under. In a medium pan over a low heat, heat butter and chocolate, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove pan from the heat. With wire whisk, beat in the sugar, milk, chocolate syrup and 3 eggs until blended. Stir in toasted walnuts. Pour walnut mixture into pie shell. Roll out remaining dough to 1\8 inch thick. With different sized heart-shaped pastry cutters, cut out hearts for edge of the pie and top of pie. In a cup with a fork, lightly beat remaining egg. Brush egg lightly over the edge of pie and over hearts. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the centre of the pie comes out clean. Cool the pie on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
The Cookquestfinder Derbyshire, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!