Butternut Squash Polenta BakeFrom mallorydowd 6 years ago
- 1 tube pre-cooked polenta, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance spread (or butter) shopping list
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced shopping list
- 2 shallots shopping list
- 6 oz pigeon peas shopping list
- 10 oz frozen broccoli shopping list
- 10 oz frozen diced butternut squash shopping list
- 4 oz goat cheese (I used four pepper cheese) shopping list
- 8 oz natural farm cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 3 tbsp flour shopping list
How to make it
- Melt Earth Balance (butter) over medium heat in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add red onion, shallots, and pigeon peas.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Add milk and raise heat to medium-high.
- Bring to a simmer and add flour, one tbsp at a time, until you have a creamy white sauce.
- Lower heat and ensure that the peas are cooking fully.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place polenta slices in a shallow rectangular casserole dish.
- Microwave frozen broccoli and squash until thawed.
- Lay broccoli and squash in casserole dish over the polenta.
- Add goat cheese.
- Add the white sauce, ensuring that it coats all layers of the casserole.
- Sprinkle 4 oz farm cheese over the top of the casserole and place in oven.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Gently stir casserole and add 4 more oz farm cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- (NOTE: this dish may need more or less time in the oven depending upon the age/power of your oven. My oven is old and tends to overcook, so I tend to cook longer at lower heats)
- Allow to cool 5 minutes and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mallorydowd Kalamazoo, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmallorydowd Kalamazoo, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!