Yummy Mushroom RisottoFrom dancer109 5 years ago
- 2-3Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2lb Portabello mushrooms chopped shopping list
- 1/2lb white mushrooms chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup diced onion(we prefer white in this dish) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups basmati rice shopping list
- 1/2 Cup white wine (and pour some in a glass to enjoy while cooking!) shopping list
- 6 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/3 Cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3Tbsp Fresh chives chopped shopping list
- *Feel free to play with spices and amounts according to your tastes. We always add more cheese! * shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1Tbsp Olive OIl in large pan, sautee mushrooms until soft, approximately 3-4 minutes. Set mushrooms and juices aside.
- Heat 1Tbsp olive oil in pan, add onions and garlic. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add rice and more oil if needed. Stir rice until golden in color and all the olive oil ahs been absorbed.
- Add white wine and stir until all absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms and their liquid, chives, butter, cheese, and sea salt and pepper to taste.
- *Can be made into a main course by adding meat, seafood, other vegetables to the risotto. Very versatile recipe.*