Vegetable SoupFrom drfrank47 6 years ago
- 1 soup bone with meat shopping list
- 2 qts. water shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 11oz. can whole kernel corn (shoepeg or whatever you prefer) shopping list
- 1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables (make sure it has potatoes in it) shopping list
- 2 12 oz. cans tomato juice shopping list
- 1/3 can small evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 T season salt (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Add first 7 ingredients to large pot, add lid, bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove meat from bone, discard bone, add remaning ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 3 hours.
- Turn heat off, and when soup is no longer boiling, add evap. milk. Stir, add lid to keep soup warm and serve.
- We usually wait an hour after cutting off heat to serve -- perfect temperature -- very warm but not scalding hot and the milk is well blended.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- drfrank47 Camden, SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdrfrank47 Camden, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!