Vegan Choco Chip CookiesFrom traibhse 6 years ago
- 1 cup soy margerine (I like Willow Run) shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 flaxseed 'eggs'* shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 tsp powder shopping list
- 1 tsp soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups vegan chocolate or carob chips. shopping list
How to make it
- Preaheat oven to 375 F
- Soften margerine for 30 seconds in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cream margerine for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add sugars, and continue to cream until the mixture is a pale yellow colour with a fluffy texture.
- Add flaxseed 'eggs' and vanilla. Cream for another 2 minutes.
- Add in soda, powder, and salt. Put mixer on low and mix for another minute.
- Once everything is incorporated, add flour one cup at a time, mixing well but gently after each addition. Dough should be sticky, but stiff. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes in a 375 F oven or until light brown on top. Let sit on trays for 2 minutes after removing from oven, then transfer to wire cooling racks or foil.
- *To make flaxseed 'eggs' grind up 21/2 tbsp. of flax seed until it resembles finely ground graham cracker crumbs. Whisk or blend vigourously with 6 tbsp. of warm (not hot) water until mixture is thick and goopy. Voila. Flaxseed eggs.
- Enjoy ^_^
The Cooktraibhse Lansing, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!