LENTIL SWISS CHARD SOUPFrom 4990 7 years ago
- 1 Bunch swiss chard with stalks chopped shopping list
- 2 cups lentils (washed) shopping list
- 2 Large onion finely diced shopping list
- 2 Large potatoes finely diced shopping list
- 6 Large gloves garlic ( 3 diced, 3 finely crushed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- Salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of Dried mint shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 12 cups water (more if needed) shopping list
How to make it
- Place lentils, water in a large stock pot, cook on low heat.
- Saute onions slightly in oil.
- Add to lentils, then add Swiss Chard, Patotoes, diced Garlic, Seasoning, Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until lentils are tender. Stir occassionaly to prevent scortching.
- Mix crushed Garlic with dried Mint and Lemon Juice.
- Add to pot and let simmer, additional 10 minutes
- Taste, add additional seasoning if needed, or lemon if you would like it little bit more tangy.
- A Great Summer Soup and also for Dieters.
The Cook4990 Clyde Township, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!