Wild Rice CasseroleFrom gumby 8 years ago
- 1 c. wild rice shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 pepper, chopped fine (I use red) shopping list
- 3/4 c. chopped celery shopping list
- 2 cans whole mushrooms shopping list
- 10 - 15 pieces bacon, chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 can beef consomme shopping list
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Boil rice for 8-10 minutes. Rinse well in cold water. Repeat process 2 more times.
- Melt butter. Add vegetables and bacon, cook, covered, on low heat until tender.
- Combine rice with vegetables, turn into greased casserole dish. Add 1/2 can consomme (add water to remaining amount and set aside). Stir in almonds, cover and bake at 350• for approx. 2 hours. Check frequently in make sure it isn't drying out....add additional consomme/water mixutre as necessary.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- gumby Fort McMurray, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgumby Fort McMurray, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!