Frittata With Corn Scallion And PotatoFrom programwitch 5 years ago
- 1 large russet potato (or other baking potato), peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups corn kernels (about 2 cobs worth of corn) shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, separate white and green part and chop both shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 ounces mozzarella, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In an iron skillet or oven safe skillet, pour in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and turn the heat to medium. Add the chopped white parts of the scallions and the garlic. Saute for 2 minutes until softened.
- 2. Add the diced potato, turn the heat to medium-low and cook until soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add the corn kernels, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute if corn is frozen and 3 minutes if fresh.
- 3. Preheat the broiler.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, green parts of the scallion and mozzarella. Pour in the potato mixture, and stir until well combined. Wipe out the skillet.
- 5. Pour the last tablespoon of the oil into the now clean skillet. Turn the heat to medium-high. Dump in the egg mixture and cook for 6 minutes, shaking the pan every 1 minute or so to keep it from sticking.
- 6. Then place the skillet underneath the broiler and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from the broiler, and slide onto a plate. Season with salt and pepper, carve like a pie, and eat.