Vegetable SoupFrom camdozer 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 sticks celery, chopped shopping list
- 3 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2-4 cloves of garlic (depending on size), finely minced shopping list
- 1 cup whole corn (canned is ok, bcuz you can get whole kernels) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (LOOK FOR CANS WITH JUST TOMATOES ON INGREDIENT LIST, PLENTY OF FLAVOR WILL BE IN THE broth SO DONT GET FLAVORED CANS LIKE Hunt's Brand) shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can kideny beans, drained shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 3-5 sprigs fresh, flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth (6 cups water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes can substitute perfectly, and i think beef stock would be equally delicious) shopping list
How to make it
- Place oil in large sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, carrots, and celery. Stirring occasionally, heat until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped garlic, parsley, thyme, and bay leaf. Heat 3-5 minutes to let the leaves wilt on the herbs. Be careful to leave the bay leaf intact when stirring, it's easier to remove later this way.
- Pour chicken broth/ bouillon over ingredients.
- Add remaining vegetable ingredients, including tomato paste.
- Reduce heat to very low and simmer for 1-4 hours. The longer it simmers, the more complex the flavor will be.
- Remove all herbs before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy by a fire with a hearty bread, or reheat for a delicious, energizing lunch!
The Cookcamdozer Costa Mesa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!