Stove Top Corned Beef and CabbageFrom chicka 6 years ago
How to make it
- Fill a large pot of water (I use a canning pot) with water. Add the corned beef and crushed garlic.
- After 1 - 2 hours (depending on size of brisket, add the potoatoes. Baby potoatoes are best kept whole while larger reds can be quartered or halved, depending on size.
- Chop cabbage into quarters.
- Add carrots (if desired) to water when brisket is almost finished.
- When potoates and brisket are done, remove all from the water, retaining all the water.
- Add the cabbage and cook until 'al dente'
- Serve with Soda Bread
The Cookchicka Lynnwood, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!