Three Cheese Broccoli BakeFrom hsfargis 7 years ago
- 2 cups cooked white rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, plus 2 tbsp shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp herbes de province shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese shopping list
- 4 cups chopped broccoli shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp skim milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (I used stale French bread) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a large oval baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the rice, 1/4 cup of the Romano, 1/4 tsp of the salt, herbes de province, and three egg whites. Stir in cayenne pepper, if desired. Spread mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan, pressing down. Sprinkle evenly with the shredded fontina.
- Meanwhile, heat a pot of water to boiling and cook the broccoli until just tender (about 4 minutes). Drain. Spread the broccoli over the rice mixture. Top with the cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, milk, 1/2 tsp of salt, and pepper. Pour this over evenly over the broccoli.
- Finally, combine your breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp of Romano and sprinkle over the broccoli.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until the top is slightly browned. Serve warm.