asian rice saladFrom lailahusain 8 years ago
- 400g of long grain rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 crushed cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce shopping list
- half a teaspoon of sesame oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of black vinegar (can be found in a chinese grocery store) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice shopping list
- 50g of roughly chopped coriander shopping list
How to make it
- bring 1.25 litres of water to the boil in a large saucepan. add the rice and cook it for 14 minutes uncovered (or until the grains are tender).
- drain and rinse the rice under cold, running water then transfer into a large bowl.
- while the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, ginger & chilli, and cook for 5-6 minutes depending on whether the onion has softened but not browned.
- stir in the spring onion and cook for another minute.
- remove the onion mixture from the heat and add it to the rice with the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, lime juice and coriander and mix well.
- cover the rice salad and refrigerate till serving time.