Garlic Chicken and Whole Wheat PastaFrom cobrien05 7 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1 large white onion coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 large garlic bulb, peeled and sliced very thin shopping list
- 2 small zucchini, quartered length wise and then cut into bite size chunks shopping list
- 8 medium mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- ½ cup white wine (or may substitute with water) shopping list
- 4 large roma tomatoes, quartered length wise and then cut into bite size chunks shopping list
- 1 small can slice black olives shopping list
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 package whole wheat pasta of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, medium/high heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Sautee until crisp tender, about 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, stir in white wine slowly. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Add zucchini, mushrooms, oregano, parsley and basil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Prepare pasta in a separate container according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and black olives, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and gently toss. Serve in pasta bowls. Add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese on top.