Chocolate dipped Almond BiscottiFrom kytigger 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 TBS water shopping list
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 Tbs shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy
- Gradually add sugar; beating well
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla
- Combine 1 cup flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture
- Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- Stir in almonds.
- Lightly floured hands, and divide dough in half.
- Shae each portion into a 9 inch log and a place 4 inches apart on a lightly greasedcookie sheet.
- Combine egg yolk and water; brush each log with egg mixture
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until lightly browned; remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully cut each log crosswise into 1/2 nch slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 300 degrees for 10 minutes on each side
- Remove to wire racks and let cool cmopletely.
- Melt chocolate and sortening in a heay saucepan over low heat,stirring until mixture is smooth.
- drizzle over top of biscottil
- Let cool completely.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!