Peppery-Hot Pork SlicesFrom desifull 7 years ago
- 9 oz lean boneless pork shopping list
- 1/4 cup meat stock shopping list
- 1 egg white, beaten slightly and mixed with a little flour into a paste shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying; uses about 5 oz shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt, to taste shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz Chinese bok choy, sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp hot soybean paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Sichuan peppercorns , crushed shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp hot chili oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, roasted and ground shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 1/2 tsp. water shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the pork into slices about 2 inches by 1/8 inch.
- Mix with the egg white paste and 1/8 tsp. of the salt. Set aside.
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, ginger, cornstarch, and
- stock into a sauce and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a wok to moderately hot, add
- the cabbage and 1/8 tsp. salt, stir-fry until cooked.
- Remove, drain, and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the wok and heat it to about
- 230oF Add the pork slices, stirring to keep them
- from sticking together. Cook until done, remove, and drain
- Pour the oil out of the wok and reheat it. Add the
- peppercorns and soybean paste and stir-fry until the
- peppercorns turn purplish-red. Add the pork, sauce, chili oil,
- and ground sesame seed, and stir-fry until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the meat and sauce over the bok choy and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- desifull Benicia, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdesifull Benicia, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!