Stuffed Cabbage or PeppersFrom jodiebrooks 6 years ago
- 1 large head of cabbage or 4 green peppers (halved) shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef - Uncooked shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice - Uncooked shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- 1 large (46 oz) can tomoato juice shopping list
- 1 large (27 oz) can sauerkraut shopping list
How to make it
- Cut bottom of cabbage head off and work individual cabbage leaves free of head. You may want to microwave the cabbage to loosen the leaves.
- Mix ground beef, onion, rice, salt and pepper together.
- Place some beef mixture on cabbage roll and roll up, tucking in sides.
- Pour 1/2 can tomato juice and 1/2 can sauerkraut into crock pot.
- Please cabbage rolls on top of tomato juice and sauerkraut
- Add rest of tomato juice and sauerkraut over cabbage rolls.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours. (If you don't want to use a crock pot you can cook this on top of the stove for an hour or so).
- Service with mashed potatos.
The Cookjodiebrooks Grand Blanc, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!