spaetzlFrom monavenir 6 years ago
- Spaetzle: shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2 ounces unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg yolks, egg and milk. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix with hand until well blended. Do not overmix at this stage. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Allow the batter to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Bring salted water to a boil. Place a perforated hotel pan on top of the pot. Place the batter on the pan and force through the holes to form spaetzle. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until al dente. Transfer cooked spaetzle to a bowl of ice water to shock. When cool to the touch, drain well. Stir in half the oil. (At this point you can cover and refrigerate up to 2 days).
- Over high heat, place a large saute pan until it gets very hot. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and the boiled spaetzle. Saute until golden. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Finish with butter and sprinkle with parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- monavenir Putnam Valley, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmonavenir Putnam Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!