CHICKEN ENCHILADASFrom twohot 8 years ago
- • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- • 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast shopping list
- • salt and pepper shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons cumin powder shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon Mexican spice Blend shopping list
- • 1 red onion, chopped shopping list
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- • 1 cup frozen corn, thawed shopping list
- • 5 whole green chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- • 4 chipotle chiles, seeded and minced (hot red peppers ) shopping list
- • 1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 16 corn tortillas shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce , canned shopping list
- • 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses shopping list
- • Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves, chopped green onion , sour cream, chopped tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Coat large saute pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken over medium heat, allow 7 minutes each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin, garlic powder and Mexican spices before turning. Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool.
- Saute onion and garlic in chicken drippings until tender. Add corn and chiles. Stir well to combine. Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute.
- Pull chicken breasts apart by hand into shredded strips. Add shredded chicken to saute pan, combine with vegetables. Dust the mixture with flour to help set.
- Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds. This softens them and makes them more pliable. Coat the bottom of 2 (13 by 9-inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce. Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro, scallion, sour cream and chopped tomatoes before serving. Serve with Spanish rice and beans.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- cookingforfun Marblehead, MA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- twohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!