Golden Potato SoupFrom jo77 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb. pancetta or bacon, cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil or butter (optional) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1-2 lbs. yukon gold potatoes, cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- water to cover shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a stockpot or large saucepan, fry pancetta (in olive oil if the meat isn't very fatty) over medium-high heat. When some of the fat has rendered, add chopped onion and saute until onion turns clear. Add celery and cook until fragrant.
- Add potatoes, stirring to coat, and add enough water to cover.
- Taste broth and salt, if necessary.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add half-and-half to broth. Ladle out about 1 cup of broth, add grated cheese and stir until melted. Return the cup of broth to the pot and stir.
- Check temperature of soup, and, if necessary, increase heat to medium until hot. Season to taste and serve.
The Cookjo77 Philadelphia
- Not added to any groups yet!