Black Bean LasagnaFrom bubbaray 6 years ago
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained shopping list
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- ¾ cup chopped onions shopping list
- ½ cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 cup salsa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 container (small) light ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles shopping list
- 6 oz (1 ½ cups) shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, mash beans slightly. Stir in tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, salsa, chili powder and cumin; mix well.
- 2) In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, garlic powder and egg; blend well.
- 3) Spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture over bottom of spray coated dish. Top with half of the noodles, overlapping slightly. Top with half of remaining tomato mixture. Spoon ricotta mixture over top; spread carefully. Top with half of (cheddar or mozzarella) cheese, then with remaining noodles, tomato mixture and (cheddar or mozzarella) cheese. Cover tightly with spray coated foil.
- 4) Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until noodles are tender. Uncover; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- This lasagna can be assembled a day ahead and refrigerated, covered. If it goes straight from the refrigerator to the oven, add about 15 minutes additional baking time.