Quick N Easy Bread PuddingFrom anj 8 years ago
- 1 1.5-pound loaf cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into cubes shopping list
- 6 cups milk, divided shopping list
- 1/2 c. raisins, optional shopping list
- 2 pkg (4 serving size) cook and serve vanilla pudding mix (instant does not work) shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla, optional shopping list
- 2 eggs, optional shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar (fructose, Splenda, etc.), optional shopping list
- 1 c. chopped nuts (I use pecans) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray. A 9x13-inch pan may be used, but I use a 12x16-inch pan. The pudding is thicker than we like when using the smaller pan.
- Put cubed bread into prepared pan. If additional raisins are desired, put some bread, then some raisins and repeat, ending with bread layer. Pour 4 cups of the milk over the bread and press bread down slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pudding mixes and remaining milk. For richer flavor, beat together optional eggs, vanilla and sugar (or sweetener). Add to pudding mixture. Pour mixture over soaked bread cubes.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over top.
- Put in center of oven and bake for 1 hour.
- This comes out with a crusty top and a creamy center. We all love it.