Pecan And Sweet Potato BreadFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 11/2c flour shopping list
- 1tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2tsp fresh ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1c sweet potato flesh(scooped from 2 med. roasted sweet potatoes) shopping list
- 2/3c sugar shopping list
- 1/3c packed lt. brown sugar shopping list
- 8Tbs unsalted butter(1 stick)melted shopping list
- 2 lg. eggs,room temperature shopping list
- 1tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2c whole milk shopping list
- 1/2c whole pecans,toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Arrange rack in middle of the oven. Coat a 9x5x3" loaf pan with butter and flour;tap out excess.
- In bowl of mixer with paddle attachment,mix sweet potato flesh,granulated sugar,and brown sugar on med. speed till wellcombined,about 1 min.. Add butter and mix on low speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time,mixing till fully incorporated,then mix in vanilla.
- Stop mixer and scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. On low speed add 1/2 of flour mixture then 1/4c milk. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and milk,mixing till just combined,about 1 min. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake till cake tester inserted in center comes out clean,about 55 to 60 mins. Let cool in pan 15 mins,then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely. Bread will last covered for up to 5 days.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating1 people
love the delicous sweetpotatoe Bread a great Christmas bread thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it