Gerts Bacon Wrapped MeatballsFrom foodfiend 7 years ago
How to make it
- Form large meatballs from the ground beef and wrap each one with 1/2 slice of bacon, affixing it to the meatball with a toothpick (Around 20 meatballs).
- Place bacon wrapped meatballs on the slotted surface of a broiler pan so bacon grease drips away when cooking.
- Bake for 30min. in a 300deg oven.
- Turn each meatball over and bake for 30min more. This will cook the beef and remove lots of the grease from the bacon (It also minimizes bacon guilt)
- Place meatballs in a 5qt. crockpot and add the tomato sauce so that it is approx. 3/4 full.
- Cook on low for 8hrs.
- Slice Italian bread thickly, place a slice onto a plate and smother with sauce and a couple of meatballs. I like to add parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers too! Enjoy!