Blueberry Apple CrumbleFrom weez42 6 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) bluberries shopping list
- 1 large tart apple, w/skin still on, finely chopped (I use Granny Smiths) shopping list
- 2T sugar shopping list
- 1T whole wheat flour (I’ve used white flour, but whole wheat better, and better for you) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/3 C whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2/3 C rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 to 2 T water or apple juice (I use juice--more flavor) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Filling: combine sugar, flour, cinnamon in 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Stir in blueberries and chopped apple until coated with flour/sugar mixture.
- Topping: flour, oats, brown sugar in bowl. Stir in oil until thoroughly incorporated. Mixture should clump, so use additional water or juice as necessary. Sprinkle topping over blueberry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly at edges and cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- weez42 Des Moines, IA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookweez42 Des Moines, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!