Pumpkin Apple And Cranberry Wontons With Honey-orange SauceFrom foodtopiansociety 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup cream cheese shopping list
- 1 cup sun-dried cranberries (finely chopped) shopping list
- 5-6 peeled and finely diced fresh apples shopping list
- baked pumpkin puree (one pie pumpkin or 16 oz. can of puree) shopping list
- 50 wonton wrappers shopping list
- brown sugar to taste shopping list
- cinnamon to taste shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Soften cream cheese.
- In a bowl, mix cranberry, apple and pumpkin puree. (Bistro 1896 uses locally grown apples and pie pumpkins.)
- Lay out wonton wrappers.
- Place a dollop of cream cheese and the pumpkin, cranberry and apple mixture in the center of each wonton.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar to taste.
- Lightly moisten the edges of each wonton wrapper and fold into triangles, then fold back the long ends of the triangle and pinch together.
- Fry wontons in 350 degree oil for 5-6 minutes.
- Take out of oil carefully and drain excess oil from wontons.
- Let wontons rest a minute or two before serving.
- Create honey-orange sauce by combining honey and orange slices. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- foodtopiansociety Asheville, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookfoodtopiansociety Asheville, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!