Tres Leches Cake Boriquena Puerto RicoFrom nadira 5 years ago
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar (divided) shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1-½ teaspoon vanilla extract (divided) shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- ½ cup Coco Lopez cream of coconut (or ½ can sweetened condensed milk) shopping list
- ½ of a 12-ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
- ¼ cup Puerto Rican rum shopping list
- 1-½ cups heavy (whipping) cream shopping list
How to make it
- Start by turning on your salsa music. Heat your oven to 350º and dance.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan so it won't stick. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside. Cream the butter and 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat well (menealo bien). Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, mixing well until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Don’t stick your sticky fingers in that cake to taste it. I’m looking at you - te veo!!!
- When cake has finished baking, pierce it in 8 or 10 places with a fork or skewer, and let it cool. Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk and liqueur and pour over the top of the cooled cake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Whipped Cream Topping: When ready to serve, combine the whipping cream and the remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 cup of sugar, whipping until thick. Spread over top of cake.
- Because of the milk in the cake, it is very important that you keep the cake refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve chilled.
- Hint - Pour some leftover liquid mixture onto the plates and spread your favorite jam or jelly before you place a slice of the cake.
The Cooknadira Kapolei, HI
- Not added to any groups yet!