Pasta with Tomato and Cream SauceFrom godiva 5 years ago
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced) shopping list
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2/3 Cup of heavy cream ** shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, oregano or parsley) ** shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 Cups pasta (any variety) cooked according to package directions shopping list
- (This recipe can easily be doubled) shopping list
- **Although this recipe works best with heavy cream, I have made it with milk or light cream. It still tastes great but you can avoid the extra calories this way. As well, it is rare for me to have fresh herbs in the house. I usually substitute the fresh herbs for a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the garlic, and cook for 2 minutes until golden (be careful not to burn the garlic)
- Stir in the tomatoes, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken as extra liquid evaporates during the simmering stage.
- Add herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream, bring slowly to a boil again and simmer until slightly thickened (approximately 5-10 minutes)
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to thoroughly coat the noodles. Serve piping hot. Depending on taste, you may like to serve it with a sprinkling of cheese on top.