Teriyaki Grilled Chicken and PineappleFrom otterpond 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry or medium dry sherry (or may use mirin) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 8 slices fresh pineapple, 1/2-inch thick shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place soy, sherry, vinegar, brown sugar, and ginger in a medium bowl and stir with a whisk to blend. Makes 2/3 cup marinade - measure out and reserve 1/3 cup.
- 2. Trim all visible fat from chicken and add chicken to marinade in bowl; stir to coat. Allow to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes (may marinate longer - cover and refrigerate). Pour remaining marinade over pineapple slices and marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat the Cuisinart™ Griddler in the open grill position to High (375°). Drain the pineapple; reserve marinade in a small sauce pan. When hot, grill the pineapple slices for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a warm plate and cover loosely. Drain the chicken - add the marinade to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is ready (do not save and use marinade as a sauce unless you do this step). Arrange the chicken, "skin" side down evenly spaced on the grill. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side - chicken juices should run clear and test 170°F when checked with an instant read thermometer. Transfer to warm plate and pour the simmered reserved sauce over the chicken. Serve with steamed brown or white rice.
- Nutritional Information
- Fat (g):3.1
- Protein (g):30.6
- Fiber (g):0.0
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!