Cranberry Spinach SaladFrom mike_kennedy 7 years ago
- 2 tblsps butter (real butter) shopping list
- one of those little bags of sliced almonds (about a cup i think) shopping list
- 1 3/4 bag fresh spinach shopping list
- bag of dried cranberries shopping list
- 2 tblspns sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 tblspn poppy seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- about 2-3 tblspns minced red onion (minced really small) shopping list
- 1/2 tspn paprika shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Pour spinach in a container, pour cranberries over top, distributing evenly.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet (iron if you got one), add almonds and stir until lightly toasted. Scoop out onto some aluminum foil and spread them out to cool. Wipe skillet out with paper towel till it appears butter is gone (it isnt though), then add sesame seeds. you gotta stir these pretty much constantly to toast them instead of burning them. once a good deal of them have a nice gold color, remove from heat and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, paprika, sugar, poppy seeds, onion, add the sesame seeds...whisk it all really good. have a few spoons cause it tastes really good.
- add the almonds to the spinach and cranberries.
- Whisk the dressing before you pour it over the spinach (if its gonna be a while), then mix it all up.