Stein Street Chicken SoupFrom jvandehy 6 years ago
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups dry egg noodles shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 wide, 1 inch long spears shopping list
- 2 small onions, cubed (1/2 inch) shopping list
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced (1/2/ inch) shopping list
- 1 leek, white part only. Quarter the leek, then slice the quarters (1/2 inch slices) shopping list
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch) shopping list
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water in stock pot. Add chicken pieces and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces. Toss skin, reserve meat and put bones back into pot. Simmer for 3 1/2 or 4 hours. Skim fat from top of stock (there is usually not too much fat), remove bones and pass stock through a fine sieve.
- Return sieved stock to pot and add the salt, carrots, onions, celery, leek turnip, parsnip and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the noodles. Simmer 10 more minutes.
- In the meantime, cut up cooked chicken pieces and add some (2 or 3 cups) or all to the soup. The chicken will warm through quickly!
- Remove from heat and serve
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jvandehy Lafayette, CO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjvandehy Lafayette, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!