Perfect Mashed PotatoesFrom aussie_meat_pie 6 years ago
- 1kg potatoes, peeled shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 50g butter, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- Extra salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste shopping list
- LOW-FAT MASHED POTATOES***** shopping list
- Follow method for mashed potatoes to the end of Step 3. Heat 3/4 cup skim milk and 2 Tbsp light olive oil, omitting the butter, cream and milk, and proceed with the recipe. Garnish with black pepper. shopping list
- tomato AND CHILLI MASH***** shopping list
- Follow method for mashed potato to the end of Step 5. Add 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto and a generous pinch of dried chilli flakes. season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Garnish mash with shaved parmesan and extra chilli flakes. shopping list
- sour cream AND chive MASH***** shopping list
- Follow method for mashed potato to the end of Step 5, omitting butter and cream. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives. Garnish with extra sour cream and chopped fresh chives. shopping list
How to make it
- Chop potatoes into even-sized pieces. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil. Cover pan and cook for about 30 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to same saucepan. Stir over a low heat for about 2 minutes, or until any excess moisture has evaporated and potatoes are dry.
- Turn off heat. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes well until smooth and free of lumps.
- Place butter, cream and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir over a high heat, without boiling, until butter is melted and mixture is hot.
- Add half the hot butter mixture to potatoes. Beat with a wooden spoon until combined. Add remaining butter mixture and beat until combined. Be careful not to over-beat, or potatoes will become gluey.
- Season mash generously with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!