White Vinalla CakeFrom njameson 5 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached cane sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Naturals Spread or other non-hydrogenated vegan margarine shopping list
- 3 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 T. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 t. salt shopping list
- 2 cups soy milk, rice milk, or other non-dairy milk of choice shopping list
- 1 T. vanilla shopping list
- 1 t. almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly oil a 9x13-inch pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or in a large bowl with a hand held mixer, place the sugar and Spectrum Spread, and cream together until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, alternating with the soy milk, and continuing to beat the mixture well between each addition.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract and beat the mixture an additional 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve plain or frost with and frosting choice. (I wait until it is cooled and slice the cake in half, then add a layer of blueberries before I frost it)
- *Note: For a marble variation, reserve 3/4 cups of the batter and add an additional 1/3 cups unbleached sugar, 1/4 cups Spectrum Spread, and 1/4 cups cocoa. Pour the vanilla batter into the prepared pan. Drop the chocolate batter by spoonfuls on top of the vanilla batter, and use a knife to make a swirl pattern.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- njameson Grinnell, IA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknjameson Grinnell, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!