Stewed FruitFrom homeschoolscout 6 years ago
- 1 pkg. dried fruit-apples, apricots, blueberries, cherries, cranberries, peaches, pears, currants or a mixture shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, honey or equivalent sugar substitute shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and / or nutmeg and / or allspice shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Put first four ingredients in a pot with water to cover by 1/2 inch.
- Cover and bring to boil and cook until tender.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- This is great by itself or over pancakes or biscuits.
- Juice may be thickened by adding 1 tsp. cornstarch to a 1/4 cup of the water, dissolving and then adding to the boiling liquid.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- homeschoolscout Herscher, IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔