Four Cheese LasagnaFrom cheflette 5 years ago
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) container fat-free ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 8 oz. Italian Fontina cheese, rind trimmed, shredded (2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitute) shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large saucepot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles 9 - 11 minutes, until barely tender, drain.
- While noodles are cooking, make sauce: In medium saucepan, melt butter over med-low heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes, until smooth and golden.
- Whisk in milk, broth, salt, nutmeg and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13"x9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, fontina, 3 Tbs. parmesan, egg, salt and parsley.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce over bottom of prepared pan. Cover with 3 noodles. Spread one third of cheese mixture on top; cover with 3 noodles.
- Repeat twice with 1 cup sauce, cheese mixture and noodles.
- Top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 20 minutes more. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
The Cookcheflette Albuquerque, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!