Scallop PotatoesFrom dartim 5 years ago
- 5 tbsp butter, divided shopping list
- 5 large russet baking potatoes, peeled and sliced into 0.125 inch think rounds shopping list
- 2 cups half and half cream shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2)Butter the inside of an 8 x 8 baking dish with 1 tbsp butter.
- 3)In a large pot set over medium heat, melt remaining butter with half and half, garlic, onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4)Add potatoes, and bring to a boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
- 5)Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, smoothing as much as possible. Cover potatoes with cheddar cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let potatoes cool slightly before serving.