Brandied PeachesFrom jeanker 7 years ago
How to make it
- wash and blanch peaches (about 1 minute)
- Drop into cold water and peel off skins
- Halve and pit large peaches, leave small peaches whole.
- Drop into a brine bath to prevent discoloration.
- Combine sugar and 1-1/2 cups water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and then cover to keep hot.
- Drain the peaches and then pack in pint or quart jars to 1/2 " from the top.
- Add 2-3 orange slices, 1 cinnamon stick, and 3-4 whole cloves.
- Stir brandy into the hot syrup and pour into jars leaving 1/2" space.
- Wipe the jar top and seal.
- Process pint jars in a boiling bath for 20 minutes, quart jars for 25 minutes.