Beef StroganoffFrom lisamariecr 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef top loin steak, cut into 2 inch strips shopping list
- 2 tbsps. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 tbsps. ketchup shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (about 3 cups) shopping list
- 3 tbsps. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 - 8 oz. container sour cream shopping list
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in butter 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Reserve 1/3 cup broth. Stir remaining broth, ketchup, salt, black pepper and garlic into beef. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until bef is tender.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until onions is tender.
- Mix the remaining 1/3 cup broth and flour until well blended. Gradually stir into beef mixture. Heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in sour cream. Heat until hot.
- Serve beef over hot buttered egg noodles