Ice BiriyaniFrom petoo 4 years ago
- 1 large bowl simple Indian rice (boiled rice variety) leftover in fridge shopping list
- 2 medium onions sliced vertically in thin slices shopping list
- 1 green chilli chopped like buttons shopping list
- 2 dry red chillies shopping list
- 1 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- 2 tsp roasted "jeera" (cumin seed) powder shopping list
- 2 tsp Indian mango pickle with masala shopping list
- 2 tsp mustard oil (for that special tangy flavour) shopping list
- 8 ice cubes shopping list
- 1 bottle cold water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 medium carrot sliced like florets (for decoration, can be omitted) shopping list
How to make it
- Divide the rice in 2 serving bowls
- Partially burn the red chillies on direct fire, please be prepared to smell some strong chilli fumes!
- Pour cold water over rice till rice is fully flooded.
- Place all ingredients equally divided over the two rice bowls
- Decorate with carrot florets.
- Serve as it is.
- Mix well with hand before eating.
- Note: It is relatively hot and tangy preparation, try only if you can tolerate.