Spinach Phyllo Roll-UpsFrom eunoia 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (about 2 medium) shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tub (250 g) cream cheese spread shopping list
- 1 cup KRAFT feta with oregano, Sun dried tomatoes and Cracked peppercorns shopping list
- 1 pkg. (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained shopping list
- 9 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed, divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except phyllo and butter; set aside.
- Place 1 of the phyllo sheets on clean work surface; brush lightly with butter.
- Top with 2 more phyllo sheets, brushing more of the remaining butter between each layer.
- Place remaining phyllo between sheets of plastic wrap; set aside.
- Spread one-third of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in ends; roll up to make log. Brush with some of the remaining butter.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, spinach mixture and butter.
- To prevent phyllo from cracking, score logs at 1-inch intervals.
- Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap until ready to bake. (Remove from freezer 30 min. before baking and let stand at room temperature while preheating oven to 375ºF.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min.
- Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 10 slices to serve.
The Cookeunoia Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!