Microwave Macaroni CheeseFrom bluechillies 8 years ago
- 1lb elbow noodles (prepared as directed on package) shopping list
- 3 T butter shopping list
- 1 small onion minced shopping list
- 1 T all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 t dry mustard (you can use regular mustard) shopping list
- 1/8 t pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 c bread crumbs *see note at bottom of recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- 1-start noodles as directed on package.
- 2- in a 2 qt casserole dish place butter, heat covered on high 100% 40 seconds or until melted.
- 3-add onion, stir to coat. Cook on high 2 minutes until soft.
- 4-Into onion mixture with a whisk stir flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Cook 1 more minute on high. Stirring once.
- 5-Into mixture slowly stir in the milk. Cook on high 3-4 minutes until mixture begins to thicken, stirring twice.
- 6-Remove and add cheese Stir until cheese melts.
- 7-Into cheese mixture, stir drained noodles. Cook on high 5-7 minutes rotating the dish twice during cooking. Let stand on trivet 5 minutes.
- 8 Sprinkle breadcrumbs and any extra cheese you would like on top.
- Cook on high 30 seconds.
- note on bread crumbs. You can easily make your own by toasting a piece or two of bread and then throwing it into a food processor. Add any spices you like and eat in almost anything before turning on the food processor.
The Cookbluechillies Wichita, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!