Pea and Ham SoupFrom mrstempest 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large pot, sauté onions in oil. Add split peas and bacon bones. Add enough water to cover ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook until there are no peas left, just a green liquid, approximately 2 hours. While it is cooking, check to see if water has evaporated. You may need to add more water as the soup continues to cook.
- Once the soup is a green liquid remove from heat, and let stand so it will thicken. Remove bacon bones before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mrstempest Sunshine Coast, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmrstempest Sunshine Coast, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!