Beef StewFrom mrstempest 7 years ago
- 400g beef, diced shopping list
- ¼ cup plain flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbs oil shopping list
- 2 onions, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 litre water shopping list
- 1 x 45g packet French onion soup mix shopping list
- 2 large carrots, sliced shopping list
- 3 large potatoes, diced shopping list
- 2 - 3 stalks celery, sliced shopping list
- ½ cup frozen peas shopping list
- Extra salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper. Add the diced beef and mix until each piece of meat is coated in flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Add onion and cook for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add beef and any extra flour mixture and cook until browned.
- Add water, soup mix, carrots, potatoes and celery to the pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 – 2 hours or until vegetable are just cooked.
- Add the frozen peas and stir until heated through. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Yorkshire Pudding or crusty bread.
The Cookmrstempest Sunshine Coast, AU
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!