Caramel Peanut Butter BarsFrom lisamariecr 7 years ago
- cookie Base: shopping list
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 15 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, coarsely chopped shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 36 caramels (from 14-oz bag), unwrapped shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) shopping list
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy milk chocolate frosting shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in candies. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Stir in peanut butter. Heat to boiling. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup peanuts. Spread over warm cookie base. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Spread frosting evenly over filling. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.