Spaghetti Meat SauceFrom masala 5 years ago
- 1 ¼ lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cups fresh sliced, or 1 can of mushrooms drained well, shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 stalks celery with leaves, finely diced (I just slice the ends of the stalks, especially if the branched parts are still there) shopping list
- 1 med bell (red or green) pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 2 small carrots, grated, shopping list
- 1 large can (19 oz) diced tomatoes, , drained shopping list
- 2 can tomato soup shopping list
- 1 can mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can (5 oz) tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, (kind of spicey, try ½ tsp.) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves, shopping list
- ½ to 1 tsp. anise seed, shopping list
- ½ to ¾ tsp celery seed, shopping list
- 1 to 3 tbsp premixed italian seasoning, (or 2 tbs. basil leaves, fresh preferred shopping list
- 1 tbs. oregano, dried and fresh 1 tbs. fresh parsley) shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, shopping list
- ½ tsp coriander seeds crushed shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper, lots shopping list
How to make it
- About 6 hours before eating, combine all of the can goods and spices into a slow cooker, set on low, except the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots and garlic until the onions have caramelized. (For a stronger garlic flavour, add the minced garlic when adding the ground beef into the pot. )
- Stir for 10 to 15 minutes, and add to the crock pot.
- Then, stick blend the whole lot in the crockpot.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Two to three hours before serving the meal, brown the ground beef and drain off the fat. Then, add the broken up browned ground beef (and the minced garlic) to the slow cooker. Mix in well.
- (I don’t like the ground beef to be over-cooked, this is why I add it when I do.)
The Cookmasala Courtenay, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!