EnchiladaFrom angelika 5 years ago
- A high smoke-point oil such as peanut or canola oil shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 chicken thigh shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup of hot salsa, the most expensive kind you can find at the store. shopping list
- 3 Tbsp of tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup of canned crushed tomatoes (preferably fire roasted) shopping list
- hot peppers olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb of jack cheese, mild cheddar or longhorn or any mild yellow cheese, grated shopping list
- A handful of cilantro shopping list
- 1 cup of Daisy sour cream shopping list
- Half a head of iceberg lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2) In a large fry pan at high heat add 3 Tbsp of grapeseed oil. Add a tortilla to the pan. Cook for 2-3 seconds, lift up the tortilla with a spatula, add another tortilla underneath. Cook for 2-3 seconds, lift again, both tortillas, and add another tortilla underneath. Repeat the process with all the tortillas, adding a little more oil if needed. This way you can brown and soften the tortillas without using a lot of fat. You do this process to develop the flavor of the tortillas. As the tortillas brown a little, remove from the pan one by one to rest on a paper towel, which absorbs any excess fat.
- 3)Sauté up the chopped garlic and cook the chicken thigh. Turn off the heat. Add 1 cup of salsa. Dissolve 3 Tbsp of tomato paste into 1 cup of water, add to pan. Add 1 cup of crushed fire roasted canned tomatoes. Taste. If the sauce tastes too vinegary, add a teaspoon of sugar.
- 4) Put some olive oil on the bottom of a large casserole pan. Take a tortilla, cover 2/3 of it lightly with the shredded cheese, then roll up the tortilla and place it in the casserole pan. Continue until all tortillas are filled and rolled. Add sauce to the top of the tortillas in the the casserole pan. Make sure all are covered with the sauce. If not, add a little water. Cover the whole thing with the rest of the grated cheese. Put the casserole in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- 5)Garnish with cilantro and sour cream. Serve with sliced iceberg lettuce that has been dressed only with vinegar and salt.
The Cookangelika Windham, ME
- Not added to any groups yet!